We are open but taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously
The Cincinnati Recreation Commission (CRC) is taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. Guided by the recommendations of the CDC, The State of Ohio and the City of Cincinnati, we have been making numerous changes to our golf operations to assist in providing the safest experience as possible for our citizens and staff.
While understanding the real threat of the current conditions we are also trying to provide some level of physical activity and limited social interaction. Establishing this balance during a very fluid situation will be challenging, however, we are working to implement processes and practices to meet this dual objective. In an abundance of caution, CRC has instructed our golf contractor to implement the following practices below while the City golf courses remain open.
We will continue to monitor the operational changes implemented thus far and those that will be in place during this situational time. Those include:
- In order to make the CRC golf courses available to all, if you choose to ride solo we may ask for an additional fee of $5 for 9 holes and $10 for 18 holes.
- Per the new ordinance passed by Cincinnati City Council, face masks are required inside any buildings and in outdoor situations where 6 ft social distancing is not possible. All posted signage and staff directions must be followed.
- Increase Tee Time separation to a minimum of 10 minute intervals.
- Offer golfers paying the riding fee their own golf car (first come / first serve).
- Walking is strongly encouraged when possible.
- Consider downloading our mobile app which has GPS, scorecard feature and more.
- Cups will be filled by a section of a pool noodle attached to flagstick to eliminate the need to remove flagsticks and reach inside cup.
- Limited F&B services to adhere with State and County regulations.
- Dining area capacity / seating plans have been altered to meet State guidelines (please do not relocate tables and chairs).
- Per state guidelines, guest must be seated in all dining areas (no mingling). Guest are also asked to wear a mask when not in the act of eating or drinking.
- On-Course, ball washers and bunker rates are not being used to eliminate shared touch points.
- Golfers are welcome to bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages or they can be purchased on-site.
- Avon & Glenview Range ball dispensers are self-service Credit Card equipped.
- Implement Complimentary Sanitation Stations at each course.
- Increased disinfecting cleanings throughout the day of all shared spaces and equipment.
- For the health and safety of our guest the CRC Golf Courses will no longer be placing water coolers on the golf courses. We will be installing water bottle filling stations at all courses this spring, but you are more than welcome to bring your own pre-packaged water to the golf courses.
If you are interested in playing a round at any of the CRC Golf Courses, please continue to read the tee time booking and check-in procedures below.
Thank you and our goal is to provide you with a safe and enjoyable golfing experience!
How to Book a Tee Time
- Tee Times may be made seven (7) days in advance by calling a CRC golf shop or ten (10) days in advance when booking online.
- Golfers arriving without a tee time will not be permitted to enter the clubhouse and the Course Greeter and/or the Check-in Coordinator at the front door will inform the guest of next available time.
When You Arrive at the Golf Course For A Booked Tee Time
- Golfers will be met by a Course Greeter who will assist with your groups check-in process.
- Please know our Course Greeter has been instructed not to allow anyone to approach the clubhouse / putting greens any earlier than 30 minutes before their tee time tp assist with social distancing efforts.
- 15-20 minutes prior to your tee time the Check-In Coordinator will call your tee time to approach the clubhouses front door but please maintain the CDC recommended 6-10’ of space between you and any other golfer.
- Our Check-in Coordinator will send each player into the clubhouse one at a time to check-in with the pro shop attendant or will direct you to step in line for check-in.
- Once all players are checked in, please select your golf cars if riding and/or head to the #1 Tee.
- While on the course, please practice social distancing (6-10’min) and take a moment to read the flyer or cart signs that offer ideas on how to “Stop the spread of germs on the course.”
- In case of lightning or severe weather all golfers should return to their cars for cover to maintain social distancing.
- After the completion of your round, please return the golf cars to the cart return area and please continue to respect social distancing while on property.
The ability to adhere to these practices is the sole determinate for remaining open during the COVID-19 threat.
We understand that our revised check-in procedure and socializing controls have changed significantly, but we are requiring that all golfers adhere to the above out of an abundance of caution, and for the safety of all golfers and staff. Anyone who is not able to adhere to the outlined procedures will be asked to leave and could possibly jeopardize our ability to continue to offer an outlet for exercise and social interaction that many will greatly appreciate!
Steve Pacella, PGA
Assistant Director of Recreation